Director of Sales (NYC)
Our client is a designer and manufacturer of modern office furniture for creating and inspiring workspaces. We believe great design make one’s workspace more productive and enjoyable. We are committed to building a beloved brand based on quality manufacturing in the USA. As a well-funded startup with impressive traction and a customer base including both Fortune 500 as well as fast-growth start-ups, our client is looking for individuals who can play a key role in the company’s growth trajectory.
Due to rapid growth our client is ready to bring on a leader to build a powerful sales team and successfully scale the organization. This is a great opportunity to refine and develop sales best practices across an existing team and to shape the vision and culture of their sales organization. With a differentiated product offering, growing customer list and referrals, and high customer satisfaction, this VP of Sales can benefit from a compelling value proposition and focus on strategic growth opportunities.
- Create an inspiring culture of success and ongoing business and goal achievement
- Define and execute strategies to enable team to achieve revenue goals, including inbound, outbound and strategic initiatives
- Identify and tracks key metrics to measure success of team and strategies
- Develop an individual coaching plan for each direct report
- Manage and coach team to develop key strategic relationships (Fortune 500 and Top 100 A&D) and participate in closing strategic opportunities
- Own and develop key strategic relationships and/or opportunities as needed
- Work with the product management & engineering to ensure customer requirements are understood and share customer insights for future products
- Communicate frequently with the executive team on goals, metrics objectives and progress
- Ensure team tracks and generates regular and accurate activity and pipeline reports
- 5+ years experience in sales and building successful sales teams at growing startups
- Demonstrated strong sales track record and repeatable sales process to deploy to team
- Strong consultative selling skills into a variety of client roles and stakeholders
- Excellent player-coach who can help build team and be inspiring example at same time
- Passionate with an entrepreneurial mindset and full of curiosity
- Comfortable in a high-growth, quota-driven, start-up environment with lots of change
- Self-starter and solid, experienced closer with multi-tasking ability
- Bachelors degree required
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.