Inside Sales Rep (NY, NY)
Whiting Consulting is in search of an Inside Sales Rep to join our clients growing startup in NYC.
We are looking for a talented and driven Inside Sales Rep to join our client’s sales team. The Inside Sales Rep will work to establish, foster, and grow relationships with independent and specialty retailer partners. This critical role is responsible for supporting current business, driving qualified leads, and building the pipeline for the sales organization through demand generation activities.
- Selling, maintaining, and supporting specialty and independent accounts.
- Qualifying new leads and assigning them to the appropriate internal teams.
- Driving, creating and cultivating leads. Building a sustainable pipeline for the sales organization.
- Driving demand through focused telephone campaigns, seminars, industry events and other innovative demand generation activities.
- Understanding and leveraging all aspects of the demand generation process, including cold calling, lead qualifying, lead nurturing and appointment setting.
- Discovering, identifying and uncovering potential prospects and their associated needs/drivers.
- Understanding and effectively articulating the features, benefits and business value represented.
- Working closely and supporting all members of the retail sales team.
- Cross-selling and up-selling to generate new business.
- Meeting or exceeding revenue quota goals on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Documenting the lead generation process to enable optimization of lead generation techniques.
- Maintaining a positive, professional ''total customer service'' attitude throughout the organization.
- 2+ years of wholesale sales experience with proven results in a quota-oriented environment.
- Experience with driving leads and building pipeline for sales.
- An understanding of technology and technological innovations.
- Account management experience in the technology, gift, or toy industries.
- Excellent knowledge of demand generation strategies and conveying business value.
- Strong judgment and initiative in determining sources of information and in selection of significant data.
- A thorough understanding and experience necessary to solve day-to-day problems with exemplary problem resolution skills.
- Effective time management practices to properly support organizational activities.
- Outstanding communications skills both oral and written with all levels within an organization.
- Clear and effective phone skills as well as courtesy and tact are essential.
- Strong skills in the areas of interviewing, meeting facilitation and customer service.
- Excellent teleprospecting and selling skills.
- Teamwork and results oriented individual.
- Detail oriented, enthusiastic and a quick learner.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in a sales related field.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Knowledge of SalesForce.com a plus
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.