Senior User Experience Designer (New York, NY)
Whiting Consulting is in search of a Senior UX Designer to join our client’s team in the NYC area. As a member of the Product Design team, you will strongly influence the products and services delivered through active leadership and full hands-on participation. In this role you will inspire the product design team to create user experiences that are engaging, useful, and simple. You will collaborate with the product team to understand customer needs/behaviors and to validate designs, and work within cross-functional teams to evolve design artifacts and development methodologies. You will work closely with the senior management team to interpret business strategy and establish design and implementation priorities within the period planning process. This role reports to the Senior Director of Product.
- Understand how to design for work flow applications
- Lead behavior modeling exercises to inform product design
- Apply user research learning’s back into design
- Bring a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, as well as ability to grasp multiple product requirements
- Work with cross-functional teams (product management, technology, analytics, marketing and customer support)
- Create assets required to articulate design concepts: diagrams, flows, wireframes, prototypes
- 5+ years experience as a key member of a User Experience Design team participating in the complete product lifecycle from planning through to successful launch
- Has a degree in Human-Computer Interaction or related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Has worked in an agile, collaborate environment
- Will champion usability, yet work within technical feasibility and product constraints
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Designs flows and experiences that are incredibly simple and elegant
- Can give and solicit feedback from others in order to continually raise the quality of products / service
Apply by sending your resume to email@example.com.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.