User Experience Designer (New York, NY)
Whiting Consulting is looking for an User Experience Designer that has proven success with shipped consumer web products to join our client’s product team.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone passionate about UX design and building innovative products. You will be a key member in a small, very talented group of software product development professionals. You will be responsible for defining and validating the complete customer experience and user interface, and ensuring that the product that gets built will be usable and will meet the needs of the target users. You will work very closely with the product manager and the lead developer to come up with the detailed product specification.
- Analyze, design, and specify the interface architecture for an effective user experience
- Perform user and task analysis; define use cases and information architecture
- Develop conceptual models, process flows, navigational maps, and strategies
- Document user interface and user experience requirements for engineering
- Provide insightful feedback and use your experience to improve the quality of the product and reduce the complexity of the user interface
- Work closely with product managers and engineers to design, implement, and ship products
- Manage usability labs and use feedback to create improvements
- Degree in Computer Science, Human-Computer Interaction (HCI), or related field or equivalent work experience
- Experience working as an HCI or UI/interaction design resource in a software product and/or web development environment required
- Strong technical abilities and ability to work closely with engineers
- Demonstrated experience designing and shipping live sites
- Interest in making the entire product better, not just the UI
- Proven ability to create effective user interfaces for large-scale consumer internet products
- Able to understand highly complex products and present an effective and usable UI to the customer
- Excellent computer skills, including design and HTML tools
- Experience with usability testing and interpreting results to improve product iteratively
- Experience working closely with product managers and engineering teams
- Excellent written, verbal and diagrammatic communication skills
- Understanding of Agile/SCRUM methodologies
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.