Furniture Designer (NYC)
Our client a start-up in the NYC area is a designer and manufacture of office furniture. They are looking to expand their design team. They are producing the highest quality product. In this role you will work along side the Founder of the company. Great opportunity to further your design background.
- Lead design development for all new standard and custom product, interfacing with CEO and outside designers as required
- Support research and concept development efforts as needed
- Evaluate design considerations including pricing, costs, purchasing, safety (BIFMA), materials, and manufacturing methods and techniques
- Prepare detailed final designs
- Partner with engineering to ensure successful development and launch of products, including definition and communication of design requirements, engineering reviews, and manufacturability reviews
- Create digital and physical prototypes, including renderings, as needed
- Lead design improvements that improve quality and/or manufacturability of existing products
Skills & Qualifications
- Broad knowledge of structural and aesthetic furniture materials including sheet metal, millwork, and upholstery
- Rhino or equivalent, Solidworks or equivalent, Revit, Keyshot, Photoshop
- Sketching experience
- Hands-on prototyping experience
- Familiarity with furniture technology and incorporating technology into furniture
- Knowledge of manufacturing processes and techniques
- Knowledge of furniture regulations
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and presentation skills
- Commercial focus and up to date market and design awareness
Apply by sending your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Whiting Consulting is a recruiting firm specializing in placing highly-qualified candidates for: Executive-Level Roles, Marketing / Sales Engineering / Inside Sales, Product Management / Product Marketing, Software Development & Engineering / QA, Implementation Consultants, Production Support, and High-Tech Public Relations.